Save the date to celebrate New Mexico's amazing work: AAF-NM ADDYs February 24th, 2018
The American Advertising Awards, formerly the ADDYs, is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition, attracting over 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions. The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards - recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
THERE IS ONLY ONE DAY FOR DROP OFF, THERE IS NO LATE ENTRY DAY.
There will be only one entry day: Friday, January 12th , 201810:00 am – 4:00 pm. Entries must be checked in by 4:00 pm.
Drop your submissions off at: Southwest University of Visual Arts : 5000 Marble NE: Albuquerque NM 87110
If you have worked diligently on your submissions, have 20 or more, take the Friday off, you deserve it. We will be happy to pick them up and process them for you in the comfort of your office on the afternoons of the 10th or 11th of January, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. If you want to take the week off and have less than 20 entries and they are ready by December 18th, we will pick them up!
2018 Rules and Categories
Early Bird enter before 2:00 pm on December 18th, 2017 and receive $5.00 off per entry
Corporate members: $65 for individual entry, $85 for campaign (per entry)
Individual members: $70 for individual entry, $90 for campaign (per entry)
Membership Lite members: $100 for individual entry, $120 for campaign (per entry)
Non-members: $125 for individual entry, $145 for campaign (per entry)
Specials for Professional Entries only
Enter 3 get 1 free
Enter 7 get 2 free
Enter 10 get 3 free
You must notify AAF-NM on the entry(s) that you enter for free. These entries will require the entrant to pay the full forwarding fee should they win a Gold or silver.
When you enter the ADDY’s, you are automatically entered into the Albuquerque 30, a celebration of the 30 greatest ideas of the year. This special competition can be won by any entrant in any category, as long as the idea meets a certain level of excellence. Attend this year’s ADDY event to find out if you are a member of the coveted Albuquerque 30.
Please note: If you do not upload a digital file with your entry and your entry wins, you will not be included in the book. Both PDFs and JPEGs are acceptable file formats.
After I enter online, what's next?
After submitting your entry online, you will bring printed entry forms, manifest and a hard copy of your entry to one of the ADDY® entry events as stated above.
What do I need to provide with my entry?
When preparing your entry to bring to the above entry events you must include:
• The entry in a plastic envelope or bag (we can provide the bag if necessary, email email@example.com to request bags)
• The signed manifest (this lists all entries and total amount due)
• Two copies of the entry form
• Your physical entry (when applicable, for website you may submit the URL see the rules and Categories PDF for more information)
What is the Eligibility criterion?
All work must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2017. All entries must have been produced through the normal course of business.
Top Mistakes not to make this year for easier intake.
- Attach only the entry number to the back of the entry. No information identifying the entrant should appear on an entry, or within the title of video slates or online URLs for digital submissions.
- You must provide a signed manifest with payment at the time of drop off, or pick up.
- Make sure that all work entered in the ADDY competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
- With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising and Advertising Industry Self Promotion categories, and student entries, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the normal course of business.
- Make sure your entry is placed inside an appropriately-sized clear bag. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get these.
- All components of Campaign and Integrated Campaign entries must be entered together in an appropriately sized envelope whenever possible. Firmly affix the entry number to the BACK of every piece in the entry (use removable entry number tabs from the bottom of printable entry form). Indicate on each label “1 of 2” or “2 of 2,” etc. Include an extra copy of the entry form inside the envelope.
- Integrated Campaigns are the only entries that may be accompanied by a written or digital (video) summary.
- All entries must have a signed manifest before they can be judged. If you are not dropping off, email signed manifest to email@example.com
Contact AAFNM at 505.750.3670 for more information.
Click below to view our Winner's Books honoring some of the best work in New Mexico.